At Scripps Health, you will experience the pride, support, and respect of an organization that has been repeatedly recognized as one of the nation’s Top 100 Places to Work.
You’ll be surrounded by people committed to making a difference in the lives of their patients and their teammates. So if you’re open to change, go ahead and unlock your potential.
Join a winning team supporting the Medical Staff department at our Scripps Memorial Hospital La Jolla as an Administrative Coordinator. In this important role, your primary responsibilities will be to support the Chief of Staff and Medical Staff Manager, coordinate/manage monthly Medical Executive Committee meetings and several smaller committee meetings, serve as a point person for observations, 3rd party affiliation agreements, and non-ACGME resident/fellowship rotations, oversee office supplies, mailings, facility and IS requests, and answer department phone line and emails. The ideal candidate will have medical office experience including competency in Microsoft Office suite, advanced problem-solving skills, and a pleasant and professional demeanor.
Other general Administrative Coordinator duties may include:
- Provide administrative support to ensure smooth operations.
- Perform clerical, administrative, and general office duties involving typing, record and file maintenance, document creation, mail distribution and reception.
- Have in-depth knowledge of the unit's operations, organization, and procedures.
- Maintain office files and records in accordance with internal procedures.
- Receive and refer visitors and telephone callers.
- Respond to requests for information.
- Opens and distributes mail.
- Provide a full range of administrative data management and coordination of reporting and project duties for the department.
- Analysis and maintenance of systems and equipment.
- Maintain appointment calendars.
This is a benefit-eligible Full Time, Day Shift position with 8 hour shifts, located at Scripps Memorial Hospital in La Jolla.
As a condition of employment, Scripps Health requires all employees to provide proof of full COVID-19 vaccination or agree to vaccination at the point of hire or submit a written request on the appropriate Scripps form for an exception based on a medical reason, disability or sincerely-held religious belief, practice or observance with supporting documentation. Proof of vaccination must be submitted at the pre-employment physical. Alternatively, if an applicant is not fully vaccinated at the time of offer acceptance, they should reach out to their Recruitment Coordinator as possible to obtain instructions on where to go to obtain vaccination or to request forms to request an exception based on a valid medical reason, disability or sincerely-held religious belief, practice or observance with supporting documentation.
Scripps Health is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity/expression), age, marital status, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.