At Scripps Health, you will experience the pride, support, respect that has been repeatedly recognized as one of the nation’s Top 100 Places to Work.
You’ll be surrounded by people committed to making a difference in the lives of their patients and their teammates. So if you’re open to change, go ahead and unlock your potential.
Fortune Magazine named Scripps Health among the top employers in the nation on their 21st annual list of the 100 Best Companies to Work For. Scripps ranked at No. 41 and for the third consecutive year, was the only San Diego-based company to make the list.
Join our Audit, Compliance & Risk Services team and feel the pride working of working for San Diego’s #1 healthcare provider. As the Director of Research Compliance, you will support our growing clinical research services and:
- Serve as the designated Research Integrity Officer
- Serve as a key member of the Corporate Compliance Program focused on developing and overseeing the implementation of the Research Compliance Program which is based on the Office of Inspector General (OIG) seven elements of an effective Compliance Program.
- Manage and oversee research integrity and compliance activities at Scripps including research related investigations.
- Oversee, guide, educate, and assist administrative processes for management, employees, physicians, Residents/Fellows, in areas of research compliance which includes human subjects, responsible conduct of research, conflict of interest, biosafety compliance, Good Clinical Practice (GCP) guidelines, export control, allegations of research misconduct, research billing, and other research related compliance areas.
- Be able to identify and communicate research compliance related risks to key stakeholders, as well as proven track record mitigating those risks and validating internal controls are operating as intended.
- Plan and execute projects that validate that research activities at Scripps Health are conducted in accordance with all applicable federal and state laws and regulations, system policies, and rules and procedures.
- Serve as a resource for Research Compliance questions concerning the interpretation of policies and their application to individual circumstances.
- Work with Operations to develop policy, procedures, and standard work to support the conduct of research functions at Scripps Health.
- Manage the Research Conflicts of Interest and Conflicts of Commitment.
- Manage an auditing program to include convening a Data Safety and Monitoring Board for investigator initiated clinical research projects.
- Manage sensitive and confidential information and materials in accordance with organizational policies.
The ideal candidate has the ability to critically think, research and prioritize projects, with experience in an academic research institution or medical center.
This is a full time, salaried position work at Scripps Corporate Office in La Jolla.
Scripps Health is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity/expression), age, marital status, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.