At Scripps Health, you will experience the pride, support, and respect of an organization that has been repeatedly recognized as one of the nation’s Top 100 Places to Work.
You’ll be surrounded by people committed to making a difference in the lives of their patients and their teammates. So if you’re open to change, go ahead and unlock your potential.
Come join our brand-new Scripps Clinic, 78th and Jefferson, in Oceanside and see what it’s like to be a part of one of the Top 100 Places to Work in the country! This beautiful, 85,000 sq foot medical office building will house multiple specialty offices as well as urgent care, imaging services, outpatient surgery, and lab services. We are looking for high performing and enthusiastic candidates who want to be a part of this special experience and who take pride in being a part of building something from the ground up!
You will be a part of the Float Pool team, making an impact as a Patient Service Representative. In this role, you will provide front office support for 14 different specialties by answering incoming calls for multiple departments, scheduling patients for appointments, and assisting with the patient check out process. You'll create a positive Scripps Health experience for our patients while being responsible for the following:
- Interacting with patients and providers to gather information for accurate registration. Assigning of Medical Record Number, appointment scheduling, point of service payment collection, document collection and check-out functions.
- Responding to customer billing and payment inquires.
- Effectively managing the check-out process, which includes identification verification; confirming demographic and insurance information; ensuring appropriate forms are provided, signed and witnessed at the time of the patient visit and accurately preparing end of day reporting or payment reconciliation.
- Escalating billing inquiries as needed.
- Scheduling and confirming appointments according to guidelines, entering appropriate insurance, performing Key User duties with minimal errors.
- Initiating and validating referrals/authorizations.
- Having a proactive approach to customer service by listening to the patient, taking ownership of solutions and is able to identify the need to involve leadership in order to resolve concerns.
This is a Full Time, Day Shift position with a Monday – Friday schedule from 8AM – 5PM, located in Oceanside.
Scripps Health is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity/expression), age, marital status, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.